My photo
Welcome to my blog! I'm a senior in college who loves reading, writing, makeup, beauty, movies, and laughing.

Friday, July 23, 2010

Let Go Let God

I was looking around online trying to find verses about letting God fight our battles and I came across this sermon.



By Bode Ayodele

Knowing how to obtain victory in battle is of great importance to every Christian. There is no gainsaying the fact that we are constantly engaged in warfare.

The good news is that every child of God has access to a warrior who has never lost before. The Bible states that Jehovah is a man of war.

Equally, the Bible informs that the Lord will fight our battles for us. Exodus 14 states:

(Exodus 14: 14)
"The lord shall fight for you and you shall hold your peace"

The problem however, is that many of us are not patient enough to allow the Lord to fight on our behalf. We feel the Lord is too slow in reacting and would rather fight ourselves. The Bible states in the book of Isaiah:

(Isaiah 63:4)
"For the day of vengeance is in mine heart, and the year of my redeemed is come."


While further in Romans we read:

(Romans 12:19)
"Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord."


From the preceding verses not only do we learn that revenge is of the Lord, it is made clear that he has appointed a day to execute such judgment on our behalf.


If you would like to read more, you can click
here.

Although, the sermon above talks about letting go and letting God, we have to remember to also have wisdom. Sometimes God's way of fighting our battles for us is giving us the wisdom on what to do next and to know what His will is, we have to be willing to do what He says and to listen for His commands.




3 comments:

  1. I was very blessed by this and a very proud mom. Thank you for sharing =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thanks for using my article. I as lessed by your site and interests. Remain blessed.

    Bode Ayodele- bodeayo67@yahoo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for using my article. I was blessed after viewing your website. Keep it up.

    Bode Ayodele - bodeayo67@yahoo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting..!